Customer Issue: Mr. Blake had grown annoyed with how much his garage door had begun to drag lately, and contacted us to take a look.
Our Solution: We inspected Mr. Blake’s garage door, and determined that the rollers of it were rusted and breaking down. Our team disconnected the opener, before opening the tracks up to access the rollers. We removed each of them and replaced them with fresh new rollers. Afterward, we closed the tracks and confirmed the door slipped along the tracks smoothly.
Garage Door Troubleshooting
Customer Issue: The customer’s door wasn’t opening very easily and would fall shut more than it closed normally, making a loud bang each time and concerning her.
Our Solution: After a thorough inspection of the entire system, our professional determined that the problem was with a broken extension spring. The remnants were safely removed so that it could be replaced with a new one, and the system was tested to confirm the problem was indeed entirely fixed.
Garage Door Off Track
Customer Issue: Some loose bolts caused one of the overhead door tracks to shift, and one of the rollers came off track.
Our Solution: After manually lifting the garage door off the tracks, the team carefully realigned the tracks into place and tightened their screws. Then, they moved the door back into place, fit the rollers into the tracks, and reattached the lift cables and opener.
Customer Issue: Opener not working.
Our Solution: Taking apart the motor revealed that a blown out fuse that was causing the problem. After replacing the fuses and resetting the circuit-breaker, we added some insulation to the wiring to protect it going forward.
Customer Issue: Frayed lift cables.
Our Solution: After locking the door in place and releasing the springs, we replaced both of the lift cables and ran multiple tests to ensure everything was hooked up properly. The springs and drums were in good shape, so the operation was fairly straightforward.
Customer Issue: Damaged extension springs.
Our Solution: After opening and locking the door in place, we unhooked the cables and removed the springs. While only one of them was visibly damaged before we started, the other was frayed from the uneven workload, so both springs needed replacing.